I have had my 2003 mini cooper s for about 10 years. I have taken many of my cars to Just Blau Mit Weiss…. a summary of his mechanics acumen from April 2023 till October 2023 is an astounding array of mistakes which have cost me plenty, including filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau, Attorney General, and Visa, hoping for some compensation. It will/is costing me about $4000 to undo John Gadbury’s mistakes for which I paid him, in good faith, about $7000.
There are hard times we all go through, I had pity on this man who in exchange took me to the cleaners. A sad legacy, you should read reviews of his company JustBMW from the last year on BBB, they sound just like mine, or on Google.
i am going to give you an update on the repairs on my mini poorly done, even wrong…… unbelievable just since April.
- put in new battery in april 2023 – which somehow was drained to ruin while the car was in his shop for a routine —
- supercharger oil lube june 2023 — i hope that it was done correctly
- johns tech broker my shifter cable june 2023 test driving after supercharger lube
- john’s tech put in the shifter cables but when i drove it clearly shifting was not good
- i took car back to john next day, john says “cannot find cause” and “i will make it right” and then says i have to replace starter, why?
- two month old battery was dead and it doesn’t take a rocket scientists to surmise “he left the hatch or door open and drained the battery and his tech burned out the starter not wanting to charge the battery”,
- john says, again, he doesn’t know what is wrong with the car, and now he says it needs a clutch, and I am depending upon the fact that he said “he wil make it right” he puts in clutch with all trimmings, i see my car is on the charger when i go to pick it up but he sends me home with the car
- car does not shift still, i drive it saying in the 3rd gear the whole way, theonly gear that it will go in t
- i take the car to cinci mini, within 20 minutes the say — shifter cables were not attached to the transmission –easy fix … shifting works fine (i did check with parts stores, and general consensus was that when one breaks a shifter cable and drives the car, the clutch doesn’t survive. I did not need clutch after all, or shifter cables till johns tech broke them, the gasket was worn yes (70k miles, but it was “torn” as would have happened with no proper shifting cable connection).
- cinci mini says battery is not being charged (i buy a new battery from them)
- car drives for one week, i take rita to the ER, and on the way out of the ER parking lot i have no power steering (and car sounds funny starting)
- i take car to back to cinci mini….ask tech to test drive with me to confirm no power steering assist…. car is dead.
- cinci mini says i need a new alternator (dunno who is telling the truth now) but battery light is still on and there is a new starter.
- cinci mini checks more and says, we will put in a new battery cable (which is apparently long and hard to install, but before going further they call and say john hooked up the starter wires “backwards.
- I get a letter in the mail from Visa saying I have no recourse and that john did install all the parts….. i dont know who they talked to but i guess johns group didn’t really admit to installing the shifter cables or the starter wrong.
- so i am reopening the visa case, and asking cinci mini to sign letter that says cables not hooked up, starter wired backwards, adding info to the BBB case.
- johns bills are about $7000, cinci mini, $4000 to fix johns mixtakes.
- johns business phone now says “not in service at this time”….his business address changed and of this date, it is open and the phone works.
- Fortunately we negotiated. and issues are settled (i am unable to know for sure if any serviced parts are installed correctly.